Recently, I was sitting in the kitchen looking out at the trees, when a light went on inside my head. The thought that I had was that my life has been what I've made it.
Much of my adult life I've been a "happyphobe." I read a definition once that went something like..."a happyphobe is afraid to be happy because happiness comes at a price. If things are good they're about to go terribly wrong." This is how I've CHOSEN to look at life. I think fear plays a big part in this. Focusing on the fear. When we fear, we don't have faith.
I've noticed that I feel so much happier lately. There are several things that figure into this, but, in the past the greatest factor in my peace and happiness have been the scriptures. From the time I started to read them regularly I discovered that I feel much more calm. And, I know why. It's the equivolent of spending time with Heavenly Father each day.
As I've read everyday for the past 5-6 months I've noticed that I'm seeing more clearly. A happy light has now been shed on the past, present and future. It's a change in my attitude, confidence, and spirit. I love the sciptures, I love the Holy Ghost, The Lord, and Heavenly Father.

4 comments:
I needed that! Thanks you are great. And i have always loved listening to you tell me that i must read the scriptures in order to feel peace and calmness! I love you!
I love you too Jek-a-ka! You've always read the scriptures.
The good thing for me is that Ive taken the pressure off. I read what I can read. I want to read longer, but I'll get there
And on that note, i will put down the blog and open the good book.
Jek I probably needed that more than you. I am usually good about reading at least something but the past I have just simply been too lazy. I am really really ready to start being 100%. Great insight and great post. Love ya!
Post a Comment