CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Primary


Today during singing time I tried a lot harder to make eye contact with the teachers. It made a difference. I'm usually so pre-occupied trying to keep eye contact and entertain the kids that I hardly look at the teachers. I liked it more and I think they did too. I gave the Sunbeams a sticker because they were sitting so nicely, I gave Mary Markoff one also because she's their teacher and I love her. Then, when we sang "Popcorn Popping" I looked directly at Chief and smiled, as if to encourage him to do the actions. He was cute! After church one of the teachers, Nancy Lee, told me that I do a great job and Chief told me that he's learning songs because of me. I love having Mary and Chief in primary. And being that I like the other teachers also, I think it's time I let them know... Please help me remember!

4 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

That was cute. They're so sweet.

jill said...

I know...

Jayne Layne said...

That makes complete sense, i am in primary and our last chorister wouldn't call me by name for the life of her. She would never release our class not matter how reverant we were and she would never say Sister Layne's class she would Strictly say sunbeams. jon noticed this too. It sort of hurt our feelings in a way.

There is a new lady now, and on Sunday she said I think Sister Layne and I were the only ones signing, that made me appreciate her and it made me realize she knew I was there and was trying. Good post. I can completely agree it makes you feel good for some weird reason.

Jayne Layne said...

PS I really love Mary and Chief. What great people. Let them know I think it when you see em :)