CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Memories...

I got this dress in Statford-Upon-Avon. I bought it at Laura Ashley which was in the main part of the village. I walked along a cobble street to get there. I was all alone that day because Alyson had gone to visit an aunt and it was such a nice break . I ate at a restaurant by myself, walked through the shops, and when I saw this dress I had to have it. It's so femine. It reminds me of a day that felt as if I had died and gone to heaven.
This is a dress that reminds me of being single. It reminds me of Audree and being in he UNLV singles ward. I love it for some reason and have been afraid to part with it.
This is a sweater that I've over-worn. It reminds me of Christmas shopping with my mom (something I used to love doing). I got this sweater and some matching boots my last Christmas home as a "Miller."
This is the dress that I wore to the Temple the day I got married. I ran into Mario V. as he was coming out of the temple. We used to date a little bit and he really liked me. Well, he looked like he had seen a ghost. I liked to think that it was because I looked great and I was a lost love that he still pined for. It was right out of the Jill Miller romantic fantasy book. I was so proud to introduce Rob and in my mind I thought "here's the lucky guy." It was a perfect way to end my young single adult career.

The white shirt is the shirt I wore to the "groom's" dinner the night before the wedding. I was also wearing white pants. I cleaned up nice after my breakdown, anyone remember that one?
I bought this shirt for Angie and Matt Bond's wedding. The reason it's hard to part with is it reminds me of the first place we bought. I made a nice dinner to celebrate our new condo and I wore this.



I've grown attached to some clothes, and yesterday I decided to let them go. I thought that if I take pictures of them, it will be like keeping them only they won't be taking up space in my closet and my mind. I go through heck every time I clean out my room, I try to get up the courage to throw them out, but I'm afraid I'll forget the memories that are associated with them.

9 comments:

Jek said...

That is a great idea to take pictures. I should do that.

Jayne Layne said...

Great post! That was fun to read. I really liked it. I wish I had the sentiment you have. Jek all my clothes end up in Jek's closet and I have forgotten about them.

VEGAS VIC said...

You're right you really did look good in every one of those. I won't miss the sweater, but I will miss that darling red dress.

jill said...

I only wore it that one day, I sweat so bad, I'm afraid of ruining it and emberassing myself. Oh well...

The Anthony Family said...

You'll be glad you did...whenever you make room, you can make new memories. Proud of you!

JENNIFRO said...

LOVED THAT!

Why are the armpits light on the brown dress???

You looked GORGEOUS at your rehearsal dinner--one of your prettiest days I think.

Where are those darling clog-like black shoes. Shouldn't those be pitched as well???

jill said...

Well, Jennifro thanks for bringing up that touchy subject. The armpits are light because my freaking anti-perspirant wasn't strong enough to handle my vast amount of perspiration. Anymore questions?

jill said...

Thanks Rebecca!

Jek said...

I have a problem with sweat too. Hence the name "Sweat pits" from all my male friends in high school.