My grandma Katie just told me a simple (and delicious) way to make gravy!
First, put the drippings in a pan and heat
In a separate bowl get a heaping TBSP of cornstarch
Add 1/4 cup water
Using a whisk, mix them together until it's smooth with no lumps.
Add the mixture to the drippings and whisk them together and continue to heat.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
After heating, if it's still not thick enough repeat the process (be careful not to add too much, you don't want it to taste like the cornstarch).
Like my grandma says "salt covers a multitude of sins."
It must, because the gravy turned out fantastic!
Thanks grandma!

6 comments:
Sounds simple, but I still don't get it. Just get the juice out of the bottom of the crock pot? I really suck at cooking, just ask dad how many times I call him before I make something.
That food looks so delish!
I am with Jayne. What were you making?
I failed!!!!!!!!!!
KM
Mother! Pleeeeeeeeease!!! That's not MY roast Jayne!!! I wish it were.
Yes Jayne you get the juice out of the crock pot and put it in a pan on the stove and heat it up. Then, you make that cornstarch mixture and pour it into the "juice" in the pan. Add salt and pepper to make it taste even better and heat. If after about five minutes it's still not thick enough you might have to put more of that mixture in, just be care ful that you don't put too much in because it will have a terrible taste. I was surprised by how much the salt and pepper did.
This post makes me want to make a roast again, and I made one Sunday! It's funny how tempting pictures are...
Thanks for sharing your tidbit from your Grandma!
Yummy! This is one of Allan's favorite dishes. I'm going to give it a try.
Post a Comment