CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My 10 Favorite Things!


I really like this couch. My mom and I found the fabric for $3 a yard in Vegas. I got the couch off of Craigslist and I had it reupholstered. Unfortunately, because it's in the family room, I have the cushions covered with a quilt. So, I don't get to enjoy it fully unless I'm entertaining.
I got this painting from a store called the Consignment Gallery, I got it for $63 and I've just LOVED it. It's one of those pictures that would go perfectly in so many places in my house. I finally settled for the sunroom because it ties the wall colors of the two adjoining rooms together very nicely.

Jennifer gave this to me and I LOVE it! Her dress is beautiful and full of my favorite colors. I purchased the frame at an antique store.
This is the white couch that I nearly sold. Rob had the couch when we got married and I wasn't fond of it, well it was nothing that a white slip cover couldn't solve (isn't that amazing how that works?) I bought the hot pink pillows at Tuesday Morning and had the floral pillows made recently, I really like them. So, my couch is another favorite thing.
Another lady I love. I found her when I lived in our condo. Her fabulous dress matched the wall color perfectly and I HAD to have her!
My dining room set. I also bought this at the Consignment Gallery. It seats ten when the sides are pulled out. I also found the two velvet chairs there. The wooden chairs I got for $35 each at an antique store and I found the material on Housefabrics.com. I LOVE this fabric! Rob refinished the table and I thought it turned out beautifully.

I found these chairs at an antique store near where Jennifer works. I fell in L-O-V-E with them! Luckily Rob can't tell me no, and I bought them. I also count this as two because I really like this flower arrangement. I love the colors and beauty of the flowers. These plates are tin, they're kind of like the picture earlier, they're so versatile I wish I could put them a bunch of different places in my house. I again settled on the sunroom because I wanted to make it a little more serious of a room, and these helped.
I really like the buffet. I got it at Goodwill for $72 and painted and distressed it. I like how it turned out and I like the topiaries and cake/cake stand.
We got this plate rack off of Ebay. Rob then took it upon himself to find and order my china off of ebay (what a guy!). This plate rack/china is definitely one of my favorites.
Thanks for the tag, it's been fun to share my favorite things.
Tag, you're (everyone) it!



19 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I am soo glad you took the challenge!
After observing, these are my favorites of what you showed..

(1)- I *Covet* ( not supposed to ) your prints. Is that what Jennifer sells? I love them!!!

(2)- Your darling little blue table in the family room, and white one in the parlor. I love unique little tables!

(3)- The pillows on your white couch are adorable. Very feminine, and you are lucky to have sewing as a talent! :)

(4)- I like your floral plates, your floral arrangement, and the cake stand.. I ALMOST bought one that looked just like it at TJ MAXX a few weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing, and letting me peek into a few of your favorites!

Jek said...

WOW WOW WOW! I haven't seen all those things yet. THe pink chairs are mine when you die at 90. Maybe i can have them for a few years before i croak. that dinette set makes me love wood. evrything else, Anne said best...Covet!

VEGAS VIC said...

Jill, everything looked so great. I miss being there when I see you girls with your houses. Kelley where are you?

Fun post!

MOM

jill said...

Ann Marie, I don't sew. I've sewed some things, but not the pillows. I need to learn how. Thanks everyone for the compliments!

jill said...

Sorry Ann Marie I didn't answer your question, the first picture of a woman (not by the plates) I got from Jennifer, the other prints I found when I was out shopping.

I've loved them!

Ann Marie said...

Do you do all of your re-upolstering on the chairs??

Jayne Layne said...

All I can say is that I love your stuff. You seriously have GREAT stuff. I could kill for your dining room alone. You house looks great, and I am so jealous!

Sorry jek, the pink chairs are mine. All of them, both sets!

jill said...

The only upholstering I did Ann Marie were on the wooden chairs. If you've ever done it you know how simple it is.

our corner around the globe said...

Jill, your house looks so pretty. I love the pictures.

Sandra said...

What beautiful 10 Favorite Things. I really like how you transformed the "playpen" couch into a nice classy white couch. The drapes in the living room look really nice too.

JENNIFRO said...

Yeah, your house is basically the reason I've been in a coma for three weeks. I am really jealous of all the progress and cannot get a grip. "I've fallen and I can't get up.........."

Paola said...

Beautiful things! Everything so well coordinated. Beautiful house!One of the many reasons why I love to visit the Bonds!

Mark and Maria said...

Jill,
Cool stuff! Wow, you are really good at decorating. Maybe next time you're in Vegas you can stop by and help me do something with my house...aghhh!!!

jill said...

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, you are all so nice!

alexis said...

wow! good for you to actually complete projects. i am one of those losers who has to pay a fortune for everything because i will never follow through with re-doing the fixer-uppers. and your house is gorgeous, and CLEAN! how do you do it?

jill said...

Lexi there are SO many projects that I drop the ball on. As far as the cleanliness, I try, somedays are better than others.

Suzanne said...

Jill,
Hello, I am sure you have seen my comments on Jennifers site and I come and see yours every once and a while. Hope you don't mind!
Your pictures of the women are gorgeous. Wow, I am surprised with myself how much I adored them. The pink in your house is such a classy/sassy touch and I love the buffet that you bought and redid. You are very talented! I would have to say, my favorite (besides teh pictures) were the blue plates. I love that color! Thanks for sharing on your 10 favorite things! -Suzanne

jill said...

Thanks Suzanne! I'm SO glad that you liked the pictures. If you're ever interested in getting some of the china it's from Lifetime China "gold crown."

Thanks for looking!

Mrs. O said...

I love your paintings, they're so beautiful! Your whole house is amazing, but one of my favorites is the white rocker.

You've all inspired me to try and do something with my house. I really need to get something up on the walls that isn't circa 1980s.