CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Abra Kadabra"


When Rob went out of town several weeks ago, I became the most fun mother. I don't know why him leaving town sparked this phenomenon but it did.

I made magic wands with the girls. Let me put it this way, I made magic wands for the girls. I bought dowels at Michaels and wooden cut-out stars. I then glue gunned the stars onto the dowels and decorated with the glitter glue (the glitter glue comes in the most beautiful colors). I had originally planned on spray painting the sticks gold and adding ribbons, but that all went out the window when Caroline began putting the pressure on to get them done.

I wanted to document this so someday when my kids tell me I was boring, I can pull this up and ask for an apology.

12 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

Wow you are good! Those are really cute, and what a cute idea. Can you make me one?

Didn't you make Caroline's ginger bread house for her one year too? I am seeing a patern....

jill said...

Caroline doesn't do things as well as she should yet, so yes, I step in and help out. ;)

alexis said...

how cute! i think i could have a lot of fun with that glitter glue....

JENNIFRO said...

You are FUNNY!

VEGAS VIC said...

That's one more project than I did!
MOM

jill said...

Aaahhh mom, you made us playdough. You should give yourself a pat on the back.

Mitch said...

I actually just did this with my roomates. It was SO FUN!!!! Talk about awesome friday night activity!!

Next week.....Harry Potter Wands!!

Jek said...

I was so gonna say the play dough remark. Mom you also got out the blue mats in the back yard and taught me and my friends tumbling. I remember being VERY IMPRESSED that you could do that at your ripe old age of probably 36. And you taught dancing at Pat Diskin. you won't be seeing me do that.

Mitch are you hanging out with your old pal David again? ("mitch, you're home", david. he would probably love the harry potter wand thing

jill said...

That's right mom! You taught tumbling and dance!! You made us costumes started a choir, you're ten times a better mom than I am!!!

Mark and Maria said...

Very cute, Jill! I just have to add to your discussion about your mom... I will never forget the sleep-over at your house when we were in fourth grade. Your mom taught us how to pull taffy. It was the coolest thing ever. In fact, I've been thinking that would be fun to do with my kids sometime. It's funny, the experiences that you remember, huh? So anyway, hats off to the Miller Moms! :)

jill said...

Thanks Maria! My mom will love to hear it! My Aunt Mary is the true taffy lady, if you need any tips call her.

The Bond Family said...

So cute! What a fun mommy:) Caroline is looking so old and is absolutely darling! We miss you guys...