CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Hey Rob, you're off the hook"

When Rob and I got married I called him Bob Saggett. Not because he liked bloopers so much, but because he reminded me of Danny Tanner on Full House. Danny Tanner was an obsessive clean freak.

While Rob likes things neat and clean, he's not obsessive, although, after I saw him pre-treat his clothes and go after a stain or two, I began to wonder.

Rob's been known in my family as the go to guy for stain removal. Little did I know he was laying the groundwork so that I could one day take over the laundry and keep his whites "extra" white.

The reason I was thinking about Biz, is I was downstairs doing some laundry and that hasn't happened for quite awhile.
I guess you could say I've been on a laundry hiatus and Rob has once again ridden in on his white horse and washed our clothes even while working and providing for a family. I'm here to tell him, that I'm ok now and I can start doing the laundry again.

And finally a plug for BIZ. That stuff works! I've soaked things in BIZ that have been washed, dried, ironed, worn a million times and even with all this, it still gets stains out and brightens colors. Not everything has come out perfectly but, what it has done for our clothes is amazing! Try it, you'll like it

11 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Too funny!
I am the obsessive-clean girl in our house, but for some reason I am sure not anal about my laundry. :) I do it often, and use Tide because I am such a non-pre-treater. I just seperate the colors and throw it in. ( I know... Terrible ) I have a box of Biz that has been here since we were married. Maybe I'd better get it out for some of those "shadows"...
Love the old school commercial!

Mitch said...

Hahaha. I enjoyed this post more than i probably should have. Does Rob have a ridiculously dirty mouth like Bob does? You know he's one of the most vulgar comedians out there right? I can totally see Rob throwin out F bombs left and right if i really put my mind to it. I can also see him sitting next to caroline at her bed and giving her a heart to heart while corny background music is setting the mood. That's quality guy that Rob. I'm glad he's my bro in law. All Hail Rob! .......oh, and a little HOO-RAWWW!!! to Jill for stepping up her game and finally doing the laundry! ;)

jill said...

Mitch!!! You kill me!

Suzanne said...

Holy Cow, that was freakin High-larious!! If my husband had complained about a "shadow' after I washed a blueberry stain out of his shirt, I would tell him he can get his own stains out. I love how he is all irritated with her, like she did something wrong. Too funny! Thanks for the laugh today. After Jennifers post, I have been feeling really blue, and this totally made my day! Congrats on becoming the laundry fairy again! Ha Ha! -Suzanne

Suzanne said...

PS. I was wondering if I could add you to my links? I am getting tired of going through Ann's and/or Jennifers.

Mark and Maria said...

Laundry...ughh! It's always building up and endless! I can keep up OK with the laundry, but the ironing just doesn't get done until we absolutely need to wear it and the sock sorting, well that's a nightmare! I have a laundry basket full of socks that has been sitting on my couch since yesterday, waiting for me to get to it. There's just so many better things to do than mate socks or do laundry for that matter. But I'm off to get it done.
I've never tried Biz, but next time I'm at Target I'll pick up a box, heaven knows I have plenty of clothes that could use some stain removal!

jill said...

Suzanne, that would be great! I'm going to add you to mine too, because I'm with you, I hate going through Jennifer everytime. Yay!

Maria, I feel your pain!!!

JENNIFRO said...

Biz works alright. Funny post!

VEGAS VIC said...

I have my own BIZ testimonial.
Years ago when the kids were in elementary I dried a batch of laundry with a crayon. Don't know how the crayon got in the dryer but it did. Well after much effort there was no choice but to throw out the whole batch as they were just too speckeled with crayon to be worn.
Advance a year or two and it happened again. This time though, all the clothes in the batch were brand new school clothes. There was no way I could throw them all out.
So I went to the store and picked up a box of a fairly new product called BIZ and a box of Baking Soda. Don't know why the soda, but it fixes everything, right? I soaked the clothes overnight in the washer with the BIZ and the baking soda, gave them a washing the next morning and lo, and behold...not one trace of the crayon remained on any of the clothes.
This may have been a long comment, but someone reading this will experience this laundry horror one day and they will be very glad I wrote this solution down.

MOM

jill said...

Thanks mom!! I grew up hearing you say "I'll Biz it."

Jayne Layne said...

I like this post and I liked that commercial. I always have remembered Rob being the laundry guy and calling Danny Tanner just seems fitting because of it! I just might need to try Biz.

Thanks for the testimonial Vegas Vic. Good to know.