CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Before I forget...

I'm always looking for a good movie. One that won't leave me out of my mind depressed and disturbed. My brother Mitch introduced me to two on our beach trip. They were right up my alley. One was deep and moving, the other was dreamy and romantic. Thanks Mitch, you're my new "go to" guy! Lars and the Real Girl is a touching movie about a lonely man who orders a life-size doll and believes that it is his girlfriend. It's surprisingly sweet because in an effort to help Lars heal from a lonesome past, the whole town gets behind him and pretends that his doll is a "real girl." It's a movie that shows the best of human nature.
Stardust, took me by surprise. I've seen it at Blockbuster, but it was nothing like I thought it would be. This has a great cast, beautiful scenery and is an escape from the real world.

5 comments:

Mitch said...

I'm glad you liked the two movies. I'm basically obsessed with Lars and the real girl. I can never watch it enough. And i agree, me as your "go to" guy is a great idea because i have massive amounts of music and movie knowledge. Sadly, that's about all i have though.

Ann Marie said...

I loved Lars too. It was far from what I expected. I loved him so much in the Notebook, and it was good to see that he is a terrific actor in other things as well.
A very thought provoking movie.

I'm not sure if I would like Stardust. I don't care for fantasy. I have never been able to watch Lord of The rings, or almost anything with trolls, elves, fairies and etc..

jill said...

You and Jennifer both Ann Marie, she can't understand how I can love all of that but I definitely do!

And Mitchy, how can you say that?! You're crazy!!! You've got it all honey baby!!

Jayne Layne said...

I didn't get to finish Lars, I am bummed, I will need to borrow it from Mitch. I was busy barfing that night.

JENNIFRO said...

Good reviews! But do not forget how much I love Harry and wish I could have gone to Hogworts. I just have to be able to BELIEVE it's real.

Mitch, that's not true, you know a lot about canned foods...Ravioli, Dennison's chili........