CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Great Escape!

The house was amazing! The decor was nothing to write home about, and the floors needed refinishing but the house itself was SO beautiful! I would have LOVED to see it done well.
A chair on the porch.

This is the living room, there are stairs going down to the breakfast room.
This was the magnificent suite that was mine, all mine. All $95 worth. Ha ha!
I loved looking up and seeing the staircases, the house was so big.
This is the dining room, I loved this room.



Last week I had had it with EVERYTHING! I needed a break from life...

I recalled a conversation that I had had with a good friend where she told me that occasionally she would go and revive her spirits by getting away to a bed and breakfast all by herself. I thought that that was just the thing for me! So, I looked on the internet, found a bed and breakfast, and arranged for Rob to arrive home early from work.

The day came, it was a Friday. Rob got home at 4:30, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I screeched out of the driveway. I got to the bed and breakfast at around 5:30. I sat by the pool, read, thought and just relaxed. Well... I went to bed around 10:30, and turned on Clueless, then I started to think about the refridgerator downstairs and how dirty it was, then I started to think about the fact that I didn't want the people to make me breakfast because the fridge was so dirty, then I started to think about the fact that I didn't want to sit with a stranger at breakfast, then I started to think about how old the house was, then I started to think about ghosts, then I started to think about the other person whom I'd never met sleeping in the next room, then I started to think more about ghosts, then I began to think that a ghost was watching me, then I was afraid to turn out the lights, then I started to think about the reason I came to the bed and breakfast in the first place. That purpose being to get a break and a good nights sleep. I then began to think about breakfast again, and then I began to think about Rob and the girls.

So, then I started making the rounds, first round, I called Rob and said, "can I come home?"

Second round, I called my mom and said "should I go home?"

Let me tell you, once I started talking about the fridge, she said "go ahead and leave."

So at midnight, I wrote a note and walked out the door.




Next time I want to runaway...talk me out of it.

21 comments:

jessamyn said...

Ha ha, I would have done exactly the same thing! Beautiful house though, definitely haunted.

Shannon and Jimmy said...

Hilarious

Jayne Layne said...

That is really funny Jill! Mom told me about that. Years ago I wouldn't have cared, but the older I get the more the dirty areas would have really gotten to me. Too funny, the brightside is, is that you still got your time away!

JENNIFRO said...

I laughed out loud HARD at that one!!!! Wow....do I love your mind. You are no idiot, btw, tell mom there's a dirty fridge involved and it's all over! There is nothing more disappointing in my mind than an amazing house with heinous decorations--it's such a tragic waste. Wouldn't it be awesome to decorate that house--with someone else paying? That's a fantasy of mine.

JENNIFRO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. O said...

You should have left them your card - that would be a fun place to decorate.

I don't think I could ever stay in an old house without Mr. O - my mind would work overtime inventing ghosts.

VEGAS VIC said...

hahahahahahahahaha! I knew how the story ended and I still laughed hard at that one.

MOM

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Imagine my surprise. Next time she wants to find herself, I'll send her to AA and save myself the hundred bucks.

Chris said...

Next time take me with you. I am glad you wrote this post so someday I won't have to.

Ann Marie said...

Jill- Just like Jennifer, I was laughing out loud too! That was a story worth writing in a paper about... HILARIOUS!
I was surprised that you did this yourself! ~ You have some major guts to stay anywhere alone! I have a hard time in my house without my husband to protect me. Again... I've seen too many horror flicks.

The house is beautiful. ( on the outside ). I felt your frustrations looking at the decor just in the pictures. Such a tragedy to see a pretty shell, with a mess inside. They have some cool pieces, it just needs someone to go in and paint/wallpaper, and move things around!
You really should have said something about the way you felt about it all.. People really do value your opinions. If the fridge was that dirty imagine the bed!! *EEWW* As you were writing all of your thoughts, I just kept thinking " those thoughts all would have been mine too!
Your story made my morning! :)
Sorry about the long comment..

Ann Marie said...

Me again~
Sorry, I pay too much attention to details!
Was that the only 1 chair on that HUGE porch?? It looks like it to me! Is that one just for the ghost?

I'm missing all of the white wicker couches and rockers that would make the place look so inviting!!
Sorry for all the decor talk!

jill said...

No Ann Marie there were several chairs on the porch, I agree with you, it was definitely missing white wicker (among other things).

Mitch said...

HAHaHAHAHA! Wow, that really made me laugh. In fact i even LOL'd. To get me to LOL takes a lot. Kudos Jill......Kudos.

Suzanne said...

Jill,

This is too hilarious! Do you normally do strange things like this? I, along with the others was dying laughing. I even talked to Ann about it and we were busting a gut about it too! I think you should do something like that again and document stories of all of the creepy weird places you have been. My favorite part is where you turned on the movie to watch at night and then you look in the picture of the room and it is the worlds smallest tv tucked in the corner. Wow, now that must have been fun watching up close and squinting. LOL I say, never say no to the little getaways, but next time, maybe you should take Jennifer or a close friend to go with you. Too funny! -Suzanne

The Anthony Family said...

Pee my pants FUNNY! You are fantastic.

jill said...

Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm glad we've shared a laugh.

Mark and Maria said...

Oh my goodness, I agree that was TOO funny!! That would totally be me if I did something like that!

Owen said...

Hey Jill!
I'm one of Shannon's friends. I got such a kick outta this! I love people that are willing to share stuff when it doesn't go as planned! Even funnier that you went with your gut and headed home!

Anjie said...

You should be smacked!!!

Megan said...

Awesome! You should submit the story to Reader's Digest or Good Housekeeping--seriously. Really funny.