CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Take Me To the Fair.." Camelot

Caroline, Elizabeth and I went to the fair last week. It was a great time. Here are a few pic's. Doesn't she have such a cute expression? Ahhh... to be a kid again.
Elizabeth doesn't look like she's enjoying the carousel all that much, but she sure put up a fight when she had to get off. You should have seen me trying to wrestle the two of them off the dang thing! I'm sure plenty of people were getting ready to catch one of them.
Caroline at the wheel. This was the never-ending car ride. This ride went on and on and on... The woman who was working the ride seemed really nice, maybe a bit too nice! I was sitting behind them and was beginning to get really bored.
Caroline and Elizabeth on the merry-go-round.
I took this because Caroline's favorite rhyme/song is "Mary had a Little Lamb." Caroline knows each verse and sings them all, all the time (it's really cute). Caroline often pretends that she's Mary and Elizabeth is "little lamb."
Elizabeth wasn't at her best.
Larry and his sidekick were darling! The girls loved watching them. The piano player had a scowl the whole time, but when he looked at me he smiled a sweet smile and all was forgotten. The violinist reminded me of my Grandpa Mitchell. You could tell he loved playing, it was so sweet to watch them. The violinist would walk over and play for the girls (probably because we were the only ones there). They reminded me of the good old days, when things were slower and people enjoyed simple pleasures.
Elizabeth is refusing to use a bib. Not that we had one at the fair, but it reminded me of the fact that she's no longer a willing bib wearer.
Who's paying these kids? We walked into the "cow" barn and found like three teenagers sound asleep! I had to take a picture.
"Don't worry mommy, it's all under control."

11 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

5 a.m. that's odd.
I just loved that! You truly captured a nostalgic day.
I love the braids--so fitting for the country!

Mitch said...

Hahaha. Those pictures were funny. I agree with a lot of the things you said like "enjoying the simple pleasures". Only because i wish i lived back in those days when tying your shoes was a friday night activity. Those three teenagers made me chuckle too. Good pictures sista!

Jek said...

looks fun!!! Darling pics!

VEGAS VIC said...

Those were darling pictures and darling girls. It is really fun to see what you do during the days and weeks. Love blogging.

MOM

jill said...

Good one Mitch about tying your shoes! It was funny, that WHOLE barn was asleep, cows and all!

Jayne Layne said...

Cute pictures! that really looked fun to be there. You really are a fun mom! I don't think I could take my kids to fair, I don't have much of a playful bone in me...

jill said...

Jayne, wait 'til your bored out of your mind, you might change your tune.

If you move out here we could go next year.

Ann Marie said...

Cute pictures. When I post my Lagoon ones this week, don't compare them to yours! I'll be lucky to have them clear. :)

My baby is past the bib thing too, and it's so hard to see everything stained all of the time.

I LOVE the piano they are playing. I'm looking for an old upright just like that one...

Classic picture of the teens. Classic.

SaraBerry said...

Alivia use to suck her two fingers, just like Caroline in that picture. How cute is that? Great pictures! Love and miss you!

Sandra said...

I love the county fair and I'm sad I missed it this year. Thanks for sharing these cute pictures.

Clint & Karen said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun with those girls. I can't wait til Charlotte's a little older, not in a cast, not scheduled for yet another surgery, and we can go and do stuff. Right before she got into her cast we went to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens and walked around and looked at things. It was so nice and relaxing...Keep having fun with them!