This little number I got at Goodwill for $72. It was a scuffed up brown and was missing some handles. I painted and distressed it with Picket Fence, a Ralph Lauren Color that my sister Jessica turned us all onto.
I got this darling, feminine bed off of Craigslist. It was painted burgundy, but I painted it with oil base paint and distressed the trim with satin blues from Sherwin Williams, I love how it turned out.
Below is a chair that I refinished. I got it for $25 at an antique store and for years I planned on refinishing it. It was pretty haggard. I got the damask fabric on housefabric.com, I LOVE it. It's the same fabric as my dining room curtains.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Jenn's Drab to Fab Challenge
Here is a piano that my good friend Chris gave me. There's a little history behind this piano. When I got called to be Primary music director I thought, "oh my gosh, I don't even have a piano." I really wanted and needed a piano not only for Primary but Family Home Evening etc...Well, that's where Chris comes in. Chris was in the process of selling her house and as she was clearing it out she looked at her piano and thought "this is Jill's piano." Isn't it amazing how the Lord works. He knows everything, nothing is beneath is notice or care. Thanks to Chris for her wonderful friendship.
Although it's a special, sentimental piano, it needed work. It was dark brown but I painted it with white gold and my cute husband put a front on it.
The end result.
Next up, the piano bench.
I LOVE this fabric, let me say that again, I LOVE this fabric.
Together again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
you have WONDERFUL pieces! I love all of them. Caroline's bed is to die for, but so is everything else so...
Thanks Jayne! You're a gem!
Are you kidding me? I need to make a visit to your head for some ideas. everything is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! What are you trying to do to this poor fat pregnant women?
I am in physical pain right now over that piano bench fabric!!!! GREAT STUFF!!!
New here! I am a blogging friend of Jennifro's.
I adore all of the pieces that you have displayed. I especially dig the darling bed frame, and white piano. I have never seen a piano painted white. You've given me some ideas! All the decor talent must run in the family... Thanks for sharing with us!
Jill, you're stuff does look just great. That piano is to die for. Glad you sprung for the bench redo.
Great Job, all you cute girls.
Mom
Wow!!! Just beautiful!!! I love how the piano and piano bench turned out. You have a gift.
Thanks Everyone!
Maybe I didn't tell you but the piano was originally white because it was for a performer on the Las Vegas strip. I met Bob and Pam Wily at the temple (they lived in the Kentlands Ward before me) and we became friends. Bob's father bought him that piano off of the strip when Bob was just a boy. They painted it brown. Bob is an amazing piano player and when they moved from Maryland he bought his wife a baby grand. You are only the 4th owner:) It makes sense that it goes back to a Vegas girl.
How insane is that?! I thought I felt an unusual, spiritual connection.
I am VERY impressed! It all looks so pretty. The transformation on that piano and piano bench! Beautiful work, Jill.
Post a Comment