The day after the temple activity was Father's Day. The day started out with me wishing that it wasn't Father's Day because I still hadn't wrapped Rob's gift, and I woke up feeling nauseous. Well, I got up, wrapped Rob's present, made him an egg, sang "Daddy's Homecoming,"with Caroline and Elizabeth, then presented him with a circular saw and a card. Then, we made some preparations for the Father's Day BBQ we were hosting at our house that evening. Yes, Rob helped, he helped a lot!
We went to church, the primary children sang in Sacrament Meeting. I was embarassed because my pianist never got the message I left her about what I wanted her to do for the song. So, it was confusing and didn't run nearly as smoothe as I thought it should. Oh well...the kids sang and that's all that matters.
The BBQ started at 6:00 and everyone started to pour in. Matt H. asked me how I felt about watching golf on Sunday. I said I didn't care and that it was Father's Day he could do whatever he wanted. So...the guys watched golf off and on inside the house and the girls chatted outside on blankets. The kids beat each other up on the trampoline and the little ones roamed the yard and played on the swing set. It was seriously a great night! The weather was beautiful, it was cool and there was no humidity. We enjoyed each others company so much. I felt so much love for everyone there, I am so blessed.
"Oh Mr. Bennet, God has been very good to us." -Mrs. Bennett (Pride and Prejudice)
Amen!
6 comments:
Those are the nights that I miss. That sounds so fun, what a fun time!
Rob hats off to the chef!
I hadn't seen this post. Loved it. Boy does it make me want to be there. I love Mary and Chief don't you?
Mom
Pictures can really tell a story. What a great way to document Father's Day!
It really was such a great night! It made me feel really good because the next day I saw Chief and he said that it "was such a nice night, that he really enjoyed it and thank-you." Yes mom, I do love Mary and Chief!
Don't worry, I'm not offended that nobody commented on my 2nd place push-up contest finish. Particularly since I came in 2nd behind Nick, which is generally a given in any contest of strength.
Rob, you're stronger than Nick! Don't let anyone tell you different.
Post a Comment