CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dear Diary

Elizabeth brought Grandpa a toy brush and he brushed her hair with it, she loved it.

Grandma and Caroline during their visit in January, 2008.
Grandpa and Caroline.


Today is Sunday.


The day started out at 5:55 a.m. with Caroline moaning saying that she had to go you know what. I took her downstairs and she went to the bathroom, then I turned on Runaway Rainbow, a My Little Pony DVD. I went back to bed then got back up to give her cereal. I went back to bed, then I got up to get Elizabeth and gave her cereal. I went back to bed. It was then Rob's turn. He got up and I slept until around 10:00. We had a great morning, Rob played with the girls. It was one of the those mornings that life seemed so good. As a side note, 99% Rob is the one getting up with the girls on the weekends, bless him! I decided to give him a little break.


Later...we got ready for church and got there in plenty of time to get Barbara and Dave's old pew. We get comments everytime we sit there. The Hunter's who have sat in front of the Bonds for many moons have remarked on several occasions that when any Bond sits behind them all seems right with the world. We really miss Barb and Dave out here as do the ward members. Everyone always asks about them and says how much they're missed, I concur.

Caroline and I sat alone most of the meeting because Elizabeth couldn't quit yelling "HEY!" Caroline did great, she said that she was going to color and eat goldfish, and she did, or should I say "we" did. She'd color a little and hand the marker to me, then I would color. During Sacrament meeting she had so many goldfish in her mouth that she had to spit them into a baby wipe.


I learned a lesson during primary today and that is, some children don't do well when things aren't normal. Caroline gets out of control when primary/singing time isn't business as usual. She didn't know how to handle it. I'm hoping that by writing it down I'll remember this next time and be more understanding.

We got home, I made dinner, Rob went to look at a house that Allan and Sandra may buy, and the girls watched Dora (thanks Barb and Dave for introducing Caroline to Dora, it's been a lifesaver)!

5 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

That was nice. I stinks they moved. I really HATE it when people move. It just seems wrong.

VEGAS VIC said...

Jill I hadn't realized you had updated your blog lately. I loved everything you wrote. The fabric is great.
I wish Dave and Barbara were still there too. They were just part of our trip everytime.
The girls are darling. Get out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mom

Jayne Layne said...

VERY lucky you got to sleep in until 10! That Rob is a good man. I echo what Mom says... GET OUT HERE!

In Season said...

Oh my.... The video of elizabeth is just precious!! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks. Caroline is darling and hilarious, the fabrics are out of this world and putting me into a depression and i want to back to England, but doubt that is in my future ever again.

jill said...

don't despair in season, you'll get there again!