Out of my window looking through the night
I can see the barges’ flickering light
Silently flows the river to the sea
And the barges they go silently...
Barges I would like to go with you
I would like to sail the ocean blue
Barges have you treasure in your hold
Do you fight with pirates brave and bold?
Out of my window looking through the night
I can see the barges’ flickering light
Starboard shines green and port is glowing red
You can see them flickering far ahead... Chorus
One of these days and it will not be long
You will look for me and I’ll be gone
Face to the wind far out upon the sea
Where the whales and dolphins sing to me... Chorus
So out of my window looking through the night
I can see the barges’ flickering light
Silently flows the river to the sea
And the barges they go silently... Chorus
11 comments:
Oh the memories!!! I loved that post. I love that song, and I so badly miss my days of singing it around a campfire. That was usually the song we would sing before we sang DRYBONES!
Hey Jill,
I am so glad I found your blog (off JEK's blog roll of course!). So glad to see you are doing well. Darling, darling girls you have!
Megan krausman Jones
I love that song. I sing it occasionally to Alexis at night, but I do get some of the words wrong,but what's new?
I don't have any history with that song except you kids singing it in the car and even I love it.
Mom
I'm not sure I know that song however if I heard the tune maybe I would. I love the painting!
Ohh, I love this song. We used to sing it at Girls Camp. I could only remember the chorus and now, I can learn all the words and sing them to Natalie! Thanks Jill!
Boy is that a mood. Great picture to go with it. I can't believe there more verses--beautiful ones too.
I'll have to tell Mary. Neat post.
I have always wanted to know the words to this song. I now just need to learn the tune and I am set.
Me too Kelley, I don't know it well myself.
Nice song and by the way, nice picture of you in your profile. I need to work on my profile...
Thanks Sandra!
Post a Comment