CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

Jennifer requested that I write a "100" list for my 36th birthday.

1. I love cookie dough ice cream
2. I used to get massive crushes on movie stars
3. I have a great dislike for the media
4. I have watched Pride and Prejudice hundreds and hundreds of times
5. The Count of Monte Cristo is my all time favorite book
6. I'm a hairdresser
7. I used to vow I would only ever live in Las Vegas
8. I LOVE where I live now
9. I used to be a MAJOR romantic
10.I used to listen to people more than I talk, now I talk more than I listen
11. I served a mission to Tampa, FL
12. My mission was the best thing to happen to me
13. I wrote a letter to Johnny Depp while on my mission and my companion found it
14. I dated a boy with a motorcycle my senior year of high school
15. That was the only boy I "really" (like longer than 3 weeks) dated until I met my husband.
16. I got married at 29
17. Rob and I had so much fun dating (we dated for a little over 1 year)
18. When I was single I liked to imagine that I was Eleanor Dashwood or Elizabeth Bennett (older and not married)
19. I traveled through Europe at 26
20 My favorite place that I've traveled to was definitely England (Stratford, and the Lake District)
21. I went to Kauai with my friends Audree and Tara (paradise)
22. Rob proposed at the Lincoln Memorial
23. I LOVE the gospel
24. I would love to visit Scotland, England, Southern France and Ireland (anywhere with breathtaking scenery)
25. I'm a worried and anxious type person
26. I had post-partum depression with my oldest child
27. I was a Relief Society President in my singles ward in college
28. I enjoy decorating my home
29. The most romantic experience of my life was at the Outer Banks. Rob and I were dating and had gone with a bunch of "singles." It was night time and I walked out to the beach alone wearing a white night gown during a lightning/thunder storm, the ocean looked so foreboding as the lightning lit the sea. I imagined I was a dead woman waiting for her husband to return from sea (of course the character I played didn't realize she was dead, I think I recited a few sonnets as well) Do I sound insane?
30. A boy named Steven gave me a little heart necklace in the 2nd grade
31. My grandma was my first grade school teacher
32. Me and my high school choir sang on the Vegas strip with the Gatlin Brothers
33. I will tell anything about myself if it will help someone else
34. I want to learn to play the violin
35. I get major stage fright when it comes to playing the piano
36. I have to play "Reflections of Passion" at Thanksgiving, wish me luck
37. I'm highly sensitive especially when it comes to suffering children, they KILL me
38.I have a wonderful family
39. My mom said I used to be her feistiest (sp) child.
40. I failed Algebra in school.
41. I used to love long haired guys (not anymore)
42. My favorite hair dresser is Steven Michael
43. I shared a bedroom with my sister all growing up
44. Rob's mom told him to ask me out when I was 24 (but he didn't)
45. I used to be a good babysitter
46. If I was visiting a place, I used to leave early in the morning before anyone would wake up, I thought it was exciting
47. I used to go over to my Aunt Mary's house and eat taffy and visit till all hours of the night/morning. One night we stayed up all night watching Anne of Green Gables
48. I miss my grandparents
49. I love smells that bring back memories
50. I used to have a big crush on a guy who had long hair and drove a VW Bus in high school.
51. A boy in high school had a crush on me and stole my necklace from my car (I definitely liked him more after that)
52. My favorite educational experience was during hair school, I've never laughed harder or more often in my life
53. I got to seat Pres. Monson at the MTC I asked him if I could shake his hand, he told me that "he would be honored to shake my hand" he shook my hand then gave me a side hug.
54. I've never seen a person with a brighter countenance than Pres. Monson.
55. I've also met Pres. and Sis. Hinckley (they were tiny and precious) Elders Scott, Perry, Kukuchi (sp) Ballard. Such a neat experience.
56. I worked at the Orlando Temple Open House
57. I also worked one night at the Las Vegas Temple open house (and the boy I had a massive crush came through the line and I put booties on him)
58. I cried when River Phoenix died and watched everything I'd ever videotaped of him
59. I remember watching Michael Jackson moonwalk for the first time during the Emmy's
60. I've always avoided phone calls
61. I'm a Scorpio
62. My favorite Christmas morning memory was walking down the stairs and my dad was seated next to a Barbie bedroom set (I loved it)
63. My wedding day was the best day of my life
64. I love autumn
65. I enjoy history
66. I am not a reader, yet
67. I used to work at the Riviera Hotel and the Excalibur Hotel
68. I gave birth to my daughter during Labor Day weekend
69. I love cops and firefighters
70. If I like a movie I will watch it over and over and over...
71. I voted for McCain although I really wanted Romney
72. I love rain
73. The best job I've ever had was a lifeguard
74. I used to work in a salon with my best friend, two sisters, two cousins, an aunt and several childhood friends (it was fantastic)
75. I enjoy giving haircuts more than anything
76. I sometimes think too much about things I have no control over
77. I could kiss my girls' cheeks all day long (especially Elizabeth because they're chubby)
78. I used to hang out with my parents all the time in high school (I was a homebody and I liked them best)
79. I was my sister Jennifer's shadow
80. I enjoy having meaningful relationships with people
81. I'm a perfectionist
82. I enjoy swimming and used to teach swimming when I was a lifeguard
83. I'm a little obsessed with time (my bedtime especially)
84. I love my house
85. I love Disneyland
86. I love going to the theater
87. I'm glad that I'm a mom
88. I've had interest in an advertising career
89. I love getting ice cream and watching a movie with Rob on the couch.
90. I like fantasy (The Lord of the Rings)
91. I enjoy writing
92. I've surprised myself that I've been able to cook some yummy things
93. I LOVE spending time with my family and friends
94. I'll never drive through the gorge near St. George without missing Jessica, Jayne, Mitch and Jason. I'll never drive through the gorge when the song "My Own Worst Enemy" isn't blaring in my head.
95. I miss my friend Audree
96. I've learned that God knows me better than I know myself, I know this largely because of the man I married
97. I have hope when I read my scriptures
98. I never lasted a full week at girls camp (I missed my mom)
99. I was 26th chair in the flute section in jr. high (there were probably 30 chairs, I HATED the flute)
100. I remember thinking for years that Mitch was born on May 8th. My parents never seemed to believe me when I told them that they had the date wrong (now I know why)

21 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

I loved that!!!! That was really so fun to read. You really do learn so much about people from those. I completely forgot (and still can't remember) you going to Europe. I laughed quite hard at you being on the beach in a white robe, because I woudn't expect anything different....

And, the Johnny Depp letter ALWAYS cracks me up. Did you think you were going to convert him? You could have :)

Jayne Layne said...

Love ya!

Mrs. O said...

Happy Birthday - I'm sure your piano piece will be brilliant!

Not only do you love to decorate, you are very good at it.

Mahana said...

Jill,
happy birthday. didn't know someone could have so many crushes in such a short span. you are neat.

Mahana said...

Jonny=jon layne

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Jill! That was totally awesome to read! You are always so quite and every time you open up a little more, I am always amazed and quite amused. (Still to this day, my favorite blog is the B&B getaway!) Hope you have a wonderful day and you rock! -Suzanne

JENNIFRO said...

Oh boy...I am giggling my butt off!!!! Nick keeps saying, "What are you READING??" and don't even answer! I loved reading this!!!! I love your personality and all of your quirks sooo much. I love that I know all of these things--really every last one. Now...can't we come up with eight more? The haunt-walk at the beach is too good for words.

I would have expected to hear something about Lord Daniel or the fact that you wanted a nickname your whole life or that you used to put your make-up on "just so" before bed in case Chad S. crawled into the bedroom window during the night. Or that me and you were peeping toms on our neighbors late at night. wink wink.

I adore these lists! SOOO well done!

Mitch said...

Ahhhh yeaaaahhh! My name was mentioned twice. Just a shade under Jenn! SICK SICK!! ;)

I definitely laughed out loud(often referred to as LOL) when i read the "dead woman ocean widow" story. It actually wasn't a shock at all to hear that. Sounds EXACTLY like something you'd do. You poor little widow.

Those really are fun to read. Like Jayne said, you really get to know someone by reading those things. Good work Sis. And Happy Birthday Again!! LOVE YA!!!

Jek said...

I am glad we didn't have a Natalee Holloway case on our hands. YOu shouldn't go out to the ocean alone, no matter how romantic it is. What family are you from???
I learned a lot, but I knew a lot too!!!

I can relate to a lot of those things too. hair school, gorge, steven michaels, europe, CRUSHES

Chris said...

I love the 100 things! I love that you are such a romantic and that you love people so much and miss them so much. You are such a fantastic person and I am so happy that you are part of my life!

Ann Marie said...

Jill-
1st of all..
LOVED the post! Grateful to Jennifer for suggesting it!!

I love to read these things about people, and this helped me so much to see and "peek" a little bit into your life...

I always wondered if we were the same age. Nope, but close. ~ And I do have to say that there were only a few things that we were VERY opposite on, ( namely fantasy and Lord of the Rings ) but the other stuff, it was a little scary reading how similar.

You are a hairdresser. Oh my heck. Why has this never been stated before?? Awesome.

#25 We are so the same.
#29 I LOVE it! You are so cool.
#41 and #58 Are we twins seperated at birth?
#53-57 Jealous. So jealous.
#71 Ditto
#75 Do you want to make another trip to Utah and give me some serious help?
#81 Again... Twins

Thanks for sharing such fun facts!
Have a good week!

Paige said...

Your list was so...uniquely you!! I loved learning more about you--I love learning little random things about friends. My favorite was your most romantic time--it stirs the soul, do you know what I mean? I love young love! I love falling in love for the first time. I love the tenderness and hope of it. That is why I am an adult that likes High School Musical! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to a fellow scorpion.

Mark and Maria said...

That was GREAT!! I LOVED, LOVED reading it!! You are so great Jill! Man, why didn't we hang out more in HS?? And why do you live so far away?

Sandra said...

Happy belated birthday Jill! Wow, what a great list. I remember that OBX trip when you and Rob were dating and I remember thinking how you two made such a beautiful couple.

Ann Marie said...

Jill..
The comment you made on Jen's blog... I was LOL! So me.. and ALMOST very true. No.. you don't need therapy.

From my last post:
You need to read the books for yourself. Give them a try. I was not a reader, and still am not much of one, but the books made me happy, my marriage happy, and I couldn't put them down. Just try the first one, and if you hate it, then you won't like the rest...
Don't listen to others.. Make your own judgement.

* I will even send you a copy if you don't want to buy it. Really I will!

jill said...

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments, birthday wishes etc...

What wonderful friends and family you are!!!!

jill said...

Ann Marie, you are SO nice!!! That was so nice of you to offer to send me a copy of the book!!!

I definitely have enough copies all around me, I did see a copy of it at Marshalls for $6 or something, so that's not the reason I haven't read the books, I've just been lazy.

I really do think I'll start them.

Thanks for trying to help me get started, you're such a nice person!

Catherine said...

Good list Jill! I don't think I could go past 50! Wow, that must have taken some time! Nothing you wrote really surprised me! And the beach scene, I would do something like that! It sounds very romantic!

VEGAS VIC said...

What a fun read. Seriously Chad S. coming through the window? Maybe he tried sailing in on the rock that came through Jayne's window that night.

Anyway, hope your birthday was great. You're a great lady.

MOM

our corner around the globe said...

Happy Birthday. You look awesome!

Anjie said...

Jill, You are so cute!! I loved reading your list. You are such a sweet, funny, remarkable, complex (in a very Elizabeth Bennett way..), loyal friend. I promise not to forget your birthday present!! I am sorry I am so late in reading this and getting you a present or two. Love you lots!!