At the end of September, Jennifer, Kolette, and I went to Greenfront, VA. We left on a Friday night and despite the GPS's best efforts we made it to Greenfront in one peice and on the same day as our journey began. On our way we stopped at a Mexican restaurant that was so bad the hostess looked embarassed when we asked her if the food was good.
We finally arrived at Greenfront and stayed at the Comfort Inn, where, Jennifer, Kolette and I ended our 8 hour conversation and went to sleep.
Saturday, we woke up, got ready and ate breakfast at the hotel. We were more than ready to hit the stores.
The shopping day started out beautifully for me, I found the rug of my dreams with a price tag that was waaayyy too good to be true. My buying day had begun and ended within 10 minutes of arriving at the warehouses. Trust me, I wasn't complaining.
We shopped around, there was LOTS to see, but not lots for me to buy. The prices were significantly lower than you'd find at a furniture store, but, I'm not used to shopping at furniture stores, so the prices were still a little high for me. I was reminded that I really do prefer buying furniture then making it my own. I don't like my furniture (or my friends) to appear "too" perfect, it makes me uncomfortable.
We had lunch at The Mad Hatter's, a restaurant whose theme was all about Alice in Wonderland. I wasn't disappointed, which made the day all the better.
We discovered a store, that was most like the Miller taste, and it was there that Jennifer, or should I say, I found fabric swatches that nearly brought her to tears. We also saw a blue cabinet that we both LOVED.
As our day came to a close we decided to go get ice cream. I had a delicious moose tracks ice cream cone, Jennifer and Kolette got some sort of chocolate drink that gave Jennifer a MAJOR headache and Kolette the shakes.
After the ice cream shop we got back into the truck and began our journey home. We talked and talked and talked while "Fitz," (our new "English speaking male" commentator) resumed attempts at leaving our children motherless.
A great trip with great friends and great results!
7 comments:
What a fun trip - I'd love to find a great rug within driving distance that didn't break the bank.
Was your rug the one that Jennifer posted? I loved it! But if its not, you need to post a pic. Sounds fun, and that is too funny/sucky about the mexican restaurant!
I want to see the rug.
Some good laughs for me on this one! Clever and fun post! That was such a fun few days...
Yeh, let's see the rug. Fun post. Love to see what you are doing.
MOM
I am guessing the rug that you bought was the one Jennifer posted. I ADORED that rug. So beautiful, and being the "anal" girlt that I am, I could see why it would be hard to put it on the floor as well.
Shopping is always the funnest to me, but getting away and being with girfriends is priceless...
PS; It was fun to read about the same day from different perspectives....
Honestly, I don't have much to say because I can't get the picture of the George Washington look alike portrait out of my head. I wonder who would want to buy that? I think it would creep me out because I would be wondering if his eyes were following me around the room. Not my cup of tea, thank you! -Suzanne
Post a Comment