I got this cute little hand-out from my visiting teacher. I had no idea when she first gave it to me months ago, how significant "witches" would become. Lately there's been a lot of "witch play" at my house. It all stems from Dora the Explorer. It's the Prince and the Witch episode. I'm the witch. Sometimes I'm the good witch (there are two Inga and Maria, Inga was a bad witch but she repented and became good). Other times I'm the bad witch (which Caroline has named Carganzola). If I'm one of the good witches I talk kindly and sweetly. Carganzola on the other hand is gruff and she picks Caroline up and puts her in the high tower (upstairs) or in with the crocodiles (inside a laundry basket).
As a result of all the "witch" play I've thought a lot about that hand-out on my fridge. It's true. There IS no place like home, and at home it's important to be the good, kind, helpful, loving, patient, wise witch.
4 comments:
Cute. We're doing something similar except instead of witches, it dragons. The dragon from the blue and gold banquet the other night, scared the absolute crap out of Camille. She runs from it all day long now.
Hi Jill, thanks for the invite! I love your blog! I hope you are able to get into mine. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Hi Carey, My invite has expired on your blog... Sign me up!
jillofvalleymill@yahoo.com
it's great to hear from you!
ALl ALexis wants to play is "the wofe is comin, the wofe is comin." Or "monsters aren't sarey?
Post a Comment