CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stitches!


Well it happened! A trip to the ER for stitches. Caroline was dancing in my bedroom with Natalie and Camille when she leaped into the heater. Smooth move. I heard crying (for the millionth time that day) but it wasn't until I heard Natalie yell, Aunt Jill she's bleeding! That got me up from my chair. Caroline was indeed covered in blood. I looked at her and wanted to freak, but then I looked at Natalie's face and realized that I was the only adult at home and that I had better act like one. So, I began speaking calmly and tried to put pressure on the wound (I was fought every step of the way). I called Jennifer. She came over and took Elizabeth, made sandwiches for me and Caroline to take to the ER with us (it was dinner and I was starving), and cleaned out Caroline's pink dress that she was playing dress-up in. Thank goodness for Jennifer.
At the hospital it was tough entertaining Caroline. It was 6 at night and I was so glad when Rob walked in. He took over the entertainment part and I just vegged and stared down the door waiting for someone to come and fix her already! We finally got called to the back around 8 and Rob left around 8:30. Thank heavens for drugs and prayer because little Caroline didn't feel a thing. The nice nurse who was holding Caroline's head still wore glasses, Caroline looked at her and said "I don't wear glasses yet." She told the doctor, "you know what you're doing." And kindly informed the head doctor that she goes to the potty on the toilet (which is false). She was quite a hit and I was very proud of her.
We got home at 10:15 after getting an ice cream cone at McDonalds. We had delicious soup that Anjie had made for dinner group, and I put her to bed. Several days later she got a stomach virus. I wonder why? Maybe it was because she was picking things up off the ER floor and putting them in her mouth. Just a guess.

3 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

That was a scream--all of it! What a nice memory came out of a bad experience. Those are darling comments she made.

Jek said...

That girl is so sweet and cute. Wish i could give her a kiss!!

Jayne Layne said...

Ohhh so sad. That post was super funny Jill. Caroline is such a type and I love it. She is so freaking funny. Those comments to the Dr are great!